Guest: Melinda Friedman, PE, Confluence Engineering, LLC
Host: Dave Karlsgodt, Principal, Fovea, LLC
Melinda Friedman is the founder and President of Confluence Engineering Group, LLC, based in Seattle, Washington. She has more than 2 decades of experience providing services around source and distribution system water quality, regulatory compliance, comprehensive planning, and optimized treatment practices.
Melinda is the 2017 recipient of the American Water Works Association-Pacific Northwest Section George Warren Fuller Award for Engineering Excellence. She is the third woman in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho to receive this award since its inception in 1937.
During this interview, Melinda helps to unpack what went wrong during the recent water distribution crisis in Flint, MI as well as laying out some of the friction she runs into between the goals of water conservation with water quality and safety.
- The Bullitt Center
- Website: http://www.bullittcenter.org/
- Technical Overview: http://www.bullittcenter.org/building/building-features/
- American Water Works Association
- Website: https://www.awwa.org/
- Total Water Solutions: https://www.awwa.org/searchresults.aspx?q=total%20water%20solutions
- One Water